|Sweet Potato Hummus|
This. Is. So. Yummy. I could just eat this all by itself. I previously made a post about the hummus at Wegmans, and how delicious it was. Well, I found the perfect recipe for the sweet potato variation!
Adapted from wholeliving.com recipe.
Makes about 3 cups
- 1 lb. (about 2 1/4 cups mashed) sweet potatoes, baked, without skin
- (Place 3 medium sized sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 50-60min or until a knife inserts easily when pierced. Let cool. Remove skins.)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (add 1 tbsp if you like it be more tangy)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp reduced sodium salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 3/4 cups canned low-sodium chickpeas
- 1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
Easy as pie!
Add all ingredients to food processor...Process until super-smooth (about 5 min), periodically scraping the mixture down the sides if needed.